New Operating Theatre, Upgrading and Expansion of Existing Operating Theatre and Mortuary Chamber at Various Hospitals
Client/Agent: MGI (Far East) Limited
Consultant: Troika Engineering Limited
Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital, Tai Po, N.T.
Baptist Hospital, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
Bradbury Hospice, Shatin, N.T.
North District Hospital, Sheung Shui, N.T.
Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N.T.
Shatin Hospital, Ma On Shan, N.T.
St Paul Hospital, Causeway Bay, Kowloon
Tai Po Hospital, Tai Po, N.T.
Tsuen Wan Adventist Hospital, Tsuen Wan, N.T.
Due to the need for improvement of hospital services, expansion and upgrading of facilities and medical equipment for operating theatre, radiology unit, mortuary chamber, etc. to meet the current standard is a must.
Professional design, checking and advice by Registered Structural Engineer on the structural capability aspects of the building on supporting the loading of equipment at these facilities, whether standing on floor, hanging on roof or wall or embedding in wall, is required.
Existing or New Operating Theatre at Baptist Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital, St Paul Hospital and Tsuen Wan Adventure Hospital:
Authorized Person (AP) and Registered Structural Engineer (RSE) Services for structural design for new equipment and fittings for upgrading and expansion of existing and/or new operating theatres.
1. Checking existing design calculation and giving professional advice for additional load to operating theatre.
2. Structural assessment by open-up concrete test for existing operating theatre.
3. Structural design and calculation for new OT lamp supporting frame on existing ceiling slab and new PAU on existing roof floor, steel platform on roof for MVAC, lead lining radiation shielding wall and floor slab under the lead lining walls.
4. Attending kick-off meeting and progress meetings with client.
5. Design checking for steel support frame of anaesthetic pendant, DSC display ceiling stand and cable reel at operating theatre.
6. Design checking for steel supporting frame for A/C outdoor units.
7. AP/RSE certificate on method statement and sketches.
8. AP/RSE Certificate for raised floor system.
9. AP/RSE Certificate for opening on non-structural wall.
10. RSE endorsement on completion certificates.
Mortuary Chambers at Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital, Bradbury Hospice, North Disctrict Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin Hospital and Tai Po Hospital :
Registered Structural Engineer services for the design calculation and plan of various equipment and fittings and partition wall demolition for upgrading and expansion of the mortuaries.
1. Checking design calculation and plan and giving professional advice for external steel platform, cat ladder, hand railing and I-bolt at the A/C Plant rooms of the mortuaries and RSE endorsement on the design calculation and plan and completion certificates.
2. Structural Stability inspection and assessment on demolition of existing reinforced concrete wall at the mortuaries.
3. Design for lifting hook on existing wall at the mortuaries.
4. Design calculation and plan for surface drainage channel and supporting frame proposal and giving professional advice on drainage alteration.